Online Supply Kits
FAQs About Online Supply Kits
Why should I do this (v. traditional shopping)?
- Saves time and gas. Each box is precisely what your teacher requested.
- Boxes are shipped directly to school. Your work is done. No carrying heavy supplies into school.
- Each box is personalized with your child’s name, grade, school name.
- Previous year’s online box price was comparable to in-store prices.
- SPARK PTO gets 11% of the sales. (We made about $3,000 profit in 2015-2016)
What’s the difference between the online list and the traditional shopping list?
No Difference! Teachers supplied the same list to the online vendor.
I’d rather just shop in-store.
No problem! Look above for each grade’s printable shopping list. Bring supplies to Sneak Peek or first day of school.
Please note: Try to buy the best quality at the best price, but the specific brand names are optional. If you cannot find everything on the list, do the best you can and maybe buy something extra of another item on the list.
Tips for shopping on your own: purchase during Georgia’s Back to School Tax Free Holiday weekend, use bulk purchases for things you also use in your home, or coordinate with friends and neighbors to develop a purchasing group to reduce time going to find supplies at the best price.
What about Challenge supplies?
The challenge team is not participating in the online supply program this year. Each teacher will send their own list after school starts.
Why does the online ordering window happen so EARLY?
We give parents time to order and still allow the vendor six weeks to organize and ship the boxes before school starts. Please note that an ordering option (Ship to Home) will be available from mid-June through mid-July at a slightly higher cost due to extra shipping fees.