STEAM Week and Family STEAM Night:
October 23 – 27, 2017
October 26, 2017 Family STEAM Night
STEAM Week at SPARK
STEAM Week includes Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math enrichment activities integrated into the school day, tailored for each grade level.
SPARK also holds its annual STEM Fair during the week. Students in grades K-2 will do class projects with their teachers, and students in grades 3-5 can do individual or group projects outside the classroom and present their projects during STEAM week. STEM Fair Packet 2017
Family STEAM Night
Family STEAM Night is a long-standing SPARK favorite for students and their families held on the SPARK campus. Attendees explore Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) in a comfortable, familiar, age-appropriate setting.
Come have dinner from SPARK Supporter company Gusto! and buy your drinks ($1 cash please!) from the 5th Grade Committee to help fund their May 2018 overnight!!
Pick up a map and passport from our Welcome Table near the Main Office and get it stamped along your journey to explore all the fun of STEAM. Things to do include:
- 5:00 – 8:00pm – Come see our classmates’ STEM projects in the gym. Please take home your projects before you leave!
- 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Swing by the basement hallway in Briarcliff to see all the GATE 5th graders STEAM projects: robots and sci-ku (science + haiku) poems!
- 5:00 – 7:00pm – Swing by our 30 fun, interactive exhibits, demonstrations, and activities at tables throughout the turf space, playground, and nearby areas.
- 6:40pm – 7:50pm (2 sessions) – Sign up for two presentations inside classrooms (please bring your tickets so you know where to go!!). Presentation Group A is from 6:40pm-7:10pm. Presentation Group B is from 7:20pm-7:50pm.
Exhibitors and presenters are scientists, technologist, engineers, artists, and mathematicians from the private sector, Grady and local universities, and organizations from all around the Atlanta metro area, including many parents of current and former SPARK students.
Complete your passport survey questionnaire to be included in a gift drawing!! Check the Lost and Found display for any forgotten items too.
Online pre-registration is open now and ends at 12pm on Thursday, October 26.
The upper church parking lot (entrance at St. Charles on Briarcliff) may have a few parking spots. But parking is likely to be stressful; please consider consider carpooling, using rideshare (Uber, Lyft), and walking/biking. PTO set up “SPARKSTEAM” discount code for first-time Lyft users!
Donations for Family STEAM Night
How can I help?
Email Meredith Evans to get involved in Family STEAM Night. We have lots of ways for you to help.
- Join the committee to help plan and execute this wonderful event.
- If you have a STEAM related background or job and would like to be an exhibitor or presenter at this event, we would love to have you!
- If you have a friend who you think would be a great presenter at Family STEAM Night, please recruit them!
How is this event funded?
Most of the great presentations we bring to you are made possible thanks to parents and others from around the Atlanta community who volunteer their time and expertise for this event.
We also have fantastic sponsors who help us cover the costs of this event and bring in a few paid presentations. Thank you to our generous sponsors!
If you want to become a sponsor or know of someone who might be interested in supporting SPARK’s STEAM initiatives, please email Susan Lin.