STEAM Week and Family STEAM Night:
October 17 – 21, 2016
October 20, 2016 Family STEAM Night
Registration Now Open for Family STEAM Night!
Already registered…Fantastic! Check out this map of the exhibits and sessions!
What is STEAM Week at SPARK?
STEAM Week includes Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math enrichment activities integrated into the school day, tailored for each grade level.
SPARK also holds its annual STEM Fair during the week. Students in grades K-2 will do class projects with their teachers, and students in grades 3-5 will do individual or group projects outside the classroom and present their projects during STEAM week. Teachers will provide guidelines in September for projects.
What is Family STEAM Night?
A long-standing SPARK favorite for students and their families held on the SPARK campus. Attendees explore Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math in a comfortable, familiar setting. Fun, interactive displays, exhibits, demonstrations, and activities are spread throughout the building and courtyard. Exhibitors and presenters are comprised of scientists and others from the private sector, universities, and organizations from all around the Atlanta metro area, including many parents of current and former SPARK students. A list of all exhibits and presentations will be provided well in advance of the evening and registration (link coming soon) for students and family members is strongly encouraged but not required prior to the event as many of the popular presentations reach capacity quickly.
|4:00pm – 6:00pm||
|6:00pm – 7:50pm||
Donations for Family STEAM Night
Why should my family attend?
- It’s FREE! We had over 400 attendees last year and hope to have even more this year.
- A variety of memorable, inquiry-based STEAM activities for you and your students to participate in together.
- 2016 will include is the ‘Arts’ component, which includes music, theater, and art themed presentations.
- See all the creative STEAM projects from SPARK students, on display in the gym!
- We will have healthy and nutritious dinner options for purchase, so you don’t have to plan around dinner!
How can I help?
Email Emily Heberlein to get involved in Family STEAM Night. We have lots of ways for you to help.
- Join the committee to help plan and execute this wonderful event.
- If you have a STEAM related background or job and would like to be an exhibitor or presenter at this event, we would love to have you!
- If you have a friend who you think would be a great presenter at Family STEAM Night, please recruit them!
How is this event funded?
Most of the great presentations we bring to you are made possible thanks to parents and others from around the Atlanta community who volunteer their time and expertise for this event.
We also have fantastic sponsors who help us cover the costs of this event and bring in a few paid presentations. Thank you to our generous sponsors!
If you want to become a sponsor or know of someone who might be interested in supporting SPARK’s STEAM initiatives, please email Emily Heberlein.