Atlanta Public Schools will begin Kindergarten Early Registration for the 2019 – 2020 school year. If you have a rising Kindergartener or new student that you need to register for the 2019-2020 school year, you are welcome to come to Springdale Park on March 11th – 13th from 9:30 – 12:30. We are asking that you provide us as much information as possible online. Please keep in mind the following:
How do I know if my child is old enough to be registered for Kindergarten?
- Your child must be 5 years old by September 1st, 2019.
What documents do I need to have for my child to be fully registered?
- Immunization Records(must be on a GA form)
- Ear, Eye and Dental (must be on a GA Form)
- Original Birth Certificates
- Original Social Security Card
- Parent/Guardian ID
- 2 Proofs of Residency(Lease, Mortgage Deed, Current Tax Statement, Current GA Power are all acceptable documents. Cell phone bills are not an acceptable proof of residency.)
- Affidavit of Residency(notarized)
- Lease Verification
When can I register my child?
- March 11, 12, 13 from 9:30 – 12:30 (We will not begin taking registration paper work until 9:30am)
- Please be prepared to wait in line as we have a number of new Kindergarten students projected to enroll for the 2019.2020 school year. (We are projected to have 139 Kindergarten students next year!)
Will there be other registration dates over the summer?
- Yes. You may register your child on any of the following days from 9am – 12pm.
- June 10 -13
- July 8 – 11
- July 15 – 18
- July 22 – 25
- July 29 – August 1
- August 5 – 8
Where in SPARK will I go to register?
- We will have signs strategically placed around the school to guide you to our registration location.
We look forward to seeing you on one of these dates. We would also like you to “hold the date” for our SPARK Kindergarten Experience on Thursday, April 25th from 8:30 – 10:00. This will be an opportunity for you to come with your rising Kindergartener to learn about what it means to #BeSPARK!