“We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day!” Henri J.M. Nouwen
We all know that a happy person is a healthy person. Choosing to be joyous or happy on a daily basis has a number of wonderful side effects and although our summer may be coming to an end, I am choosing to be happy for a number of reasons. I choose to be happy because I am more compassionate and I feel healthier both physically and emotionally when I am. I choose to be happy because I feel I am more creative, witty, energetic and fun to be around. I choose to be happy because in a few short days the halls of Springdale Park will be full of energy, life, excitement and smiles! So as we begin this school year, I choose to be happy and I hope that my own happiness is contagious. Catch it!
A few reminders:
All parents will be able to view your child’s classroom assignments beginning on July 28th via the APS mobile APPs.
New Teachers to SPARK
Please help me in welcoming our new teachers to SPARK!
Kiah Vernon – Kindergarten
Melissa Richards – 1st Grade
Ali Palmer – 1st Grade
Katherine Allen(Brown) – 2nd Grade
Jessica Correa – 2nd Grade
Melanie Dean – 2nd Grade
Marissa McRae – 3rd Grade
Pamela Row – 5th Grade
Nathan Stephenson – Interrelated Resource (IRR)
Laura Calahan – Early Intervention Program (EIP)
You can learn more about each of our new teachers here.
Sneak Peek – July 31st @9:00AM – 11:00AM
You will also be able to meet with your child’s teacher during our Sneak Peek on July 31st from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Parking is limited, so we ask that you carpool or walk to the school on this day during these times. Also, at sneak peek there will be a number of items that you will want to make sure you have in place to ensure Day 1 readiness for all of our kids and for our teachers. Please ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I signed up for PTO?
- Have I purchased Spirit Wear with our 10th Anniversary Logo of SPARK? Please do. We are VERY excited that SPARK is 10 years old and we want all of Atlanta to know it. Helps us do that by buying and then wearing SPARK spirit wear!
- Will your child be eating school lunch? If so, please open up a cafeteria account with our Cafeteria manager during Sneak Peek.
- Will your child primarily be a Carpool rider? If so, please be sure to receive your NEW 2018.2019 Carpool Hang Tag. Past year’s hangtags will not be acceptable this school year. Be sure to get a new one!
- Will your child primarily be a Bus rider? If so, please stop by and receive bus numbers and bus stop information and sign up to be a part of our “Remind” messaging system to receive bus updates throughout the year.
- Will your child be in Afterschool Day Care or participate in afterschool clubs/organizations? If so, please stop by our “The CLUB” booth for afterschool daycare information as well as clubs and organizations tables to register your child.
- Would you like to meet your child’s teacher? If so, you will be able to see who your child’s teacher will be for the 2018.2019 school and meet the teacher at Sneak Peek.
I know this may seem like a lot, but we will have a very streamlined process that will direct you to the spots that you need to go in order to get everything accomplished. Volunteers and staff will be on hand to support and help you navigate the school! Keep in mind, that this is an opportunity to meet your child’s teacher. An opportunity to learn more about our curriculum and standards will be on August 23rd at Open House.
I am very excited at seeing you all on the 31st! Enjoy the last few days of summer!