Hello SPARK Families!
We did it! We made it through the first 3 days of school and what a great week it was. We welcomed over 150 new students and their parents to SPARK and we are excited to see their face each and every day. It’s going to be a great year!
Although our first week was relatively smooth, we are constantly looking to improve our procedures for receiving students in the morning and dismissing students in the afternoon and you can help and here is how you can do it.
- We open our doors beginning at 7:30am each day. Please be sure to stay with your child until the doors are open and our teachers are in place to provide supervision.
- When arriving for carpool we ask that you use the carpool lane to drop students off. We understand that some parents prefer to park and walk their children into the building the first few days of school. If you choose to do this, please park in a parking space that is not adjacent to the sidewalk leading to the building. We have a number of carpool students in the morning and cars that park, walk their children in and then back up are unfortunately holding up our carpool process.
- Be reminded that during the first 2 weeks of school parents are allowed to walk their children to their classes. August 10th will be the last day to walk your child inside the building.
- Thank you for placing your child on the bus. It has not gone unnoticed. We have more bus riders this year than we have had in previous years! That is great news. Continue to be patient as buses arrive in the morning.
- Afternoon dismissal is going well but please expect some delays as we teach our children procedures to be dismissed. We have begun our afternoon dismissal procedures 10 minutes earlier than we would normally to make sure students are staged in the correct dismissal locations. This may have resulted in the afternoon buses to arrive at afternoon bus stops a little earlier than normal. We are working on it and you should see buses running closer to it’s scheduled time this week.
- Lastly, please be sure to use our NEW transportation dismissal email address.
k12.ga.us for any transportation dismissal changes. This new email alerts all of our front office and administrative staff of transportation changes. Please be sure to use it.
As always, thank you for all you do for our school. Be sure to donate and join PTO and don’t forget to tweet your SPARK Family focus night pictures to @APS_SPARK and @TerryHarness with the hashtags of #BeSPARK and #SPARK10 to celebrate our 10th year of being SPARK……Ten years and counting.
Have a great week!