The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything.
~ Hannah Whitall Smith
It’s not difficult to give thanks for the things in life that give us comfort – our families, homes, jobs, friends, food, even the luxury of hot, running water. But what about when we only feel discomfort? It’s not always easy to find our way to gratitude then, when life is hard and not going our way. But it is precisely in those moments when we need a grateful heart the most. Gratitude can quickly put things in perspective. It can soothe an aching soul even during the worst of times. Practicing gratitude is a life skill and a choice. Live with intention. Choose gratitude and pass it on to the young people who look to you as an example.
I am constantly amazed by the SPARK community. We understand the importance of pitching in and helping out, supporting those in need, and finding the time to give back. Over the last few weeks and leading up to the holiday break, this was even more evident. Our school and community collected enough canned goods to provide more than 2,400 meals through the Atlanta Community Food bank, and we raised over $25,000 for Jump Rope for Heart. All of this was in addition to our annual campaign drive for SPARK as well as our Angel Tree drive. Your generosity and willingness to allow SPARK to be the conduit for these efforts does not go unnoticed. I want to personally say Thank You for all that you do for our school and our community! You truly help our kids understand what it means to #BeSPARK!
Monthly Principal’s Coffee Update
I wanted to share a few dates with you regarding Principal’s coffees. Each month I take some time to meet with parents to discuss whatever is on your mind. I’d like to make a simple change to the Principal’s coffees. Moving forward, I will provide a topic for discussion and then there will be times towards the end to address any concerns that you may have or that you would like to discuss. Principal’s Coffees are the first Thursday of every month.
- December 7th – CCRPI Scores – The SPARK School Report Card – Score – 95.8; APS Insights – Data Portal for Parents
- January 11th (Not January 4th due to school out of session) – Updates from the Governance Board; Perimeter Fencing; Wellness Policy; School Strategic Plan
- February 1st – Testing at all grade levels – STAR, Benchmark, ACCESS, GA Milestones
- March 1st – GA Milestones -Expectations – What can I do now to help my child prepare? (3rd, 4th and 5th grade parents)
- April – No Principal’s Coffee this month
- May 3rd – Next Year; Student Placement; Looking Ahead
Thank you and I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend!