All current standing PTO Members (SPARK Supporters) can vote. Become a PTO member.
- Each SPARK Supporter household receives one vote.
- All individuals that have donated $5 or more to SPARK Supporters are PTO Members.
- The primary e-mail address associated with the SPARK Supporter donation receives the vote.
PTO Board Elections
Each spring, PTO members vote for a new Board that will serve for the next school year. This ensures the smooth transition of outgoing and incoming board members and allows the board-elect to have time to plan for the next term.
We are currently seeking candidates for the 2018-2019 PTO Board. For any information about the PTO structure and roles, please see SPARK website PTO section. Current members would be happy to speak to you about their experience.
PTO Nominating Committee (serves from January to April)
Each January, a PTO Nominating Committee seeks candidates for the next school year’s PTO Board. The PTO needs 5-7 parents and 1 teacher to serve on this Committee. Interested? Email the current PTO Co-Presidents.
PTO Board Member Responsibilities
- Required: A 1 year commitment (beginning in May). Desired: Commitment to stay on 2 consecutive years for Board continuity.
- Generally 12 hours per month. Depends on officer role. Some roles are mostly email/phone; some require more at-school presence.
- Attendance at 12 monthly Board meetings, including 2-3 in summer
- Participation in PTO-led events throughout the year
- Be a current PTO member (SPARK Supporter at $5 or more). Join here.
- A flexible and positive attitude. Willingness to support teachers and SPARK administration.
- Comfortable using email and file-sharing tools like Dropbox (since most collaboration is remote)
PTO Elections Process
- Become a PTO member. Not sure if you’re already a member? Email PTO Board Secretary.
- Meet with the PTO Nominating Committee.
- Fill out a Nomination Form. Parts of it will be shared online with PTO membership (SPARK Supporters) via an online survey.
|Early March||Current PTO board declares to be candidate|
|March 11||SPARK-e call for Nominating Committee members and PTO Board candidates|
|March 19-23||Nominating committee finalized|
|March 26-30||Nominating committee meets to identify candidates|
|April 2-6||Spring Break|
|April 15||Candidate nomination forms due|
|April 9-20||Nominating committee meets with candidates|
|April 20-21||PTO board candidate ballot finalized|
|April 22||Voting ballot sent to PTO members|
|April 22-May 6||Voting open for PTO members|
|Week of May 7||New PTO Board members notified|
|TBD||PTO Volunteer/Donor Appreciation Party: introduction of new PTO Board Members|
|May 13||Winners announced via SPARK-e|