The smallest of thanks is always worth more than the effort it takes to give it.
Consider all the times you were grateful to someone. Did you let them know? A quick word of thanks can go a long way. It can make someone’s day feel brighter, their job feel worthwhile, and their burdens feel lighter. Whether at school or out in the world, it’s important to remember that all work is noble and worthy of our gratitude. So whether someone is serving you a hamburger or serving as a police officer, it’s important to express gratitude. When we do that on campus, we serve as an example to our students who need to learn the importance of saying thank you to those who serve them.
As we enter into the holiday season, I just wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU and to share how grateful I am for the opportunity to work as the Principal of SPARK. This week I was able to observe our students and teachers express their thanks in classroom and during our Thanksgiving luncheons. Many students were given the chance to write about what they were thankful for and it inspired me to do the same. So here it goes…..
- I am thankful to live 5 minutes away from SPARK.
- I am thankful to live in this amazing community.
- I am thankful that I get to start my day in carpool greeting students and parents as they arrive to school.
- I am thankful that I get hugs from kids every day.
- I am thankful that our kids are kind and caring.
- I am thankful to have a PTO who volunteer countless hours to SPARK and for the humor and laughs they provide.
- I am thankful for our GO Team who works with me and the school to ensure that we give the best possible experience to our kids and community every day.
- I am thankful to have such an involved community of parents.
- I am thankful that we have parents who understand that we do our best to keep our eye on the prize and do what is in the best interest of children.
- I am thankful for a fence around the campus.
- I am thankful that the teachers at SPARK are the best I have ever seen.
- I am thankful that our teachers go above and beyond.
- I am thankful that our teachers love your children.
- I am thankful that we have the absolute best and music-loving custodians. Period. Mr. Freeman, Mr. Glaze and Mr. Fowler.
- I am thankful to work with the best administration possible. (Mrs. Pruett, Mrs. Watkins, Mr. Harper, PEEBLES!, and Mrs. Dease)
- I am thankful to work with Dr. Toney. She is the best and she helps keep me sane every day.
- I am thankful that although this job can be extremely difficult and stressful at times, it is still what I want and love to do.
- I am thankful that on late nights at work my dog “Beans” doesn’t mind roaming the school halls.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving break full of relaxation and time spent with family. We will see you soon.